Do you know why does a mobile car radio need to have scan function? I think the answer is that the scan function can reduces driver distraction.When you drive more than 50–100 miles away from your home city, the signals from all those stations get so weak that you can no longer hear the content reliably, and then the signals completely disappear and you just get static. The scan function can help you to find another available repeater with medium-strong signals.
RT73 is a mini mobile radio, it is very suitable to install in your car. It is not only have scan function, but also roaming.
How to set RT73 scan function?
1. Download Retevis RT73 software from RT73 support page: https://www.retevis.com/Retevis-RT73-Mini-Mobile-Radio-with-GPS/#A9203A
2. Here are 3 scan modes on RT73.
CO:Carrier scan. Once radio receives a scanned signal over the air, it will stay on that channel until signal disappears, and then continue to scanning.
TO: Time scan. Once the radio receives a scanned signal over the air, it will stay on that channel for a preset time (5/10/15/20s). Once time is out, it will continue to scanning.
SE:Search scan. Once the radio receives a scanned signal over the air, it will stay on that channel and stop scanning until you re-activate to scanning.
3. Set the scan mode you want to use.
4. Next, add scan lists. Here you can add the channels which you want to scan into a scan list or two. In the selected channels, you can add not only simplex communication channels,but also repeater channels.
5. The very important step. preset a button to begin scan on or off. If skip this step in the software, you also can turn on/off scan on the mobile radio.
6. RT73 also support VFO scan, you can select a scan mode directly on the radio, and then scan under VFO mode.