1. Q: When the speaker mic is hooked up, and keypad lock on, can i disable the ptt button on the radio itsself? i want to put the radio in a pouch?
A: Since now, when active the HD1 lock key, it will lock the keyboard and PTT. but we will upgrade this in our future radio.
2. Q: Can i use this in off-roading up in the mountains?
A: Yes, of course. HD1 has FPP function, you can program all the settings on the radio when you are in the off-roading. directly program your repeater information on the radio.
3. Q: Can HD1 receive dual signals? on the main channel have vhf freq and secondary have uhf freq？
Yes, you can set the HD1 dual band standby. Short press the #button to swicth signal band and dual band standby. But it cant receive the signals at the same time.
4. Q: Does this radio have 100,000 or 200,000 contacts? I read conflicting information.
A: Yes, we have updated the HD1 to support 200,000 DMR database.
You can follow this instruction https://www.ailunce.com/blog/How-to-import-digital-contacts-into-Ailunce-HD1
5.Q: Can this do analog aprs?
A:This is a pity HD1 dose not support the APRS on analog mode.
6. Q: Can you download the software and program using Apple desktop/laptop?
A: the software cant run in the IOS system.
7. Q: What kind of head set plug is on the side?
A: The headset connector is compatible with GP328Plus.
8. Q: Can the hd1 use mdc-1200 ?
A: Sorry, it does not support MDC-1200.
9. Q: Will it be able to send and receive transmissions to other brands of walkie talkies?
A: It is able to send and receive transmission from other brands DMR radios.