1. Turn the radio on-off more times, check if the radio can turn on;
2. Turn on the radio when charging, check if the radio can turn on;
3. Remove and install the battery, check if the radio can turn on;
4. Turn on the radio when pressing MENU & EXIT, check if the radio can be initialized;
5. Turn on the radio when press PTT & side key 1, check if the radio can enter DFU mode;
1. The radio can't turn on and be initialized but can enter the DFU mode
For this case, please try to upgrade the firmware again. maybe the firmware is damaged for the wrong operations. there's something to pay attention to as below.
A. Please use the right and good programming cable;
B. Please select the right firmware version, because there are HD1(gps) and HD1(no-gps) versions to upgrade.
2. The radio must be turned on several times to be on
It's because the internal battery run out. Make sure you power the radio on to charge the internal battery at least 1x a week for about an hour.
3. The radio displays a white screen when we turn on the radio
There are two different problems for the issue.
It's the firmware issue. There are some mistakes when you upgrade the firmware. such as not in the DFU mode, upgrade the wrong version firmware and so on. you can refer the blog as below to upgrade to the v1.6.1.
The flat cable of the display doesn't connect well. please reinstall the marked cable as below.